Variation in used prices across UK

Am in outer London ~ near Essex.

Very approximately how much would my local prices for cars about 5 or 6 years old tend to vary from the average UK price?

Personally, I would guess that prices in the South East are higher.

I would also guess that cars in the London area are probably not as well looked after because it is often unusual for owners to have good parking facilities in which to service their cars. Is this correct?

Reply to
Jon D

Unbelievably so.

Reply to
Conor

Jon D wrote in news:Xns991EC7EB5264B17E53A@127.0.0.1:

I live in Scotland, and I find that prices are cheaper where you are. More cars, cheaper prices.

Reply to
Tunku

Compared to decent sized towns and cities in the rest of the country , you are probably right. If you go out into very quiet rural areas then you'll find local dealers can be very expensive where there is little competition.

Reply to
Dr Zoidberg

Very approximately use Autotrader and vary your postcode.

Reply to
malc

Do you? Whereabouts?

Reply to
gazzafield

I'd say it's also down to the need for a car. In a city there are loads of cars to choose from, and you can generally get away without a car for a week or two. In somewhere like Lincolnshire, you *need* a car.

Reply to
Doki

A mate lives in Wales and he swears cars are cheaper in the South East.

as always buy locally from someone you trust and get good service, buy really cheap ..........

Reply to
Tommy