Vauhal astra turbo 2001

Yes its me again......The windows on this car drop slightly when the doors are opened and closed so that the glass does not catch in the rubber surround......very neat!!

Needless to say this 'reset' has now stopped working on both sides and the widows now open and close very slowly.

I have not had a chance to check the more obvious things like fuses, snagged wires etc etc. As it only happen last night.

Anyone out there had this happen and is there a known fault??

This car seems to have come back from a service (cam belt change) worse that when it went in

ttfn....Alistair

Reply to
Alistair Ross

Surely it should be the dealers job to reset the door windows if it was okay when it went in?

Anyhow, I *believe* that the reset procedure is as simple as winding the window down to the bottom, then pressing and holding the up button til it goes all the way up, and continuiing to hold for 3 seconds there after.

Repeat with the other door glass.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Thanks Tim

Reply to
Alistair Ross

That only programmes the auto up/down. If the windows are moving slow, then either there's a power supply issue, or something (motor/window regulator) is starting to seize.

Reply to
moray

Thanks to all

The 'cure' is to close the window fully and hold the 'up' button for five seconds. This has done the job. Presumably the battery was disconnected while being serviced, requiring this reset.

Thanks....ttfn....Alistair

Reply to
Alistair Ross