Vauxhall Astra 1999 Digital Odometer Display Not Working Failure

I just noticed that the digital trip odometer (total+trip mileage display) on my Vauxhall Astra 1997 is not displaying. Everything else works, speedometer, rev counter, etc. Has anyone seen this before? I guess it's not a blown fuse, because everything else works. It's a shame because it got to 100000 a couple of weeks back and every mile over that is a bonus for me!

Reply to
malcolm

I had this on my nephews vectra. It is probably simply the bulb blown, quite a straightforward, but awkward job on a vectra, I expect its the same on the astra.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Thus spake mrcheerful . ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) unto the assembled multitudes:

Mr Cheerful is correct. I had this happen last year on my 2000 Astra Club.

Took it to the dealer, and paid 41 quid to have a 1 quid blub replaced, but I wasn't going to attempt the job myself 'cos it looked far from straightforward.

Reply to
A.Clews

OK, thanks for all the info. I saw on another forum that someone claims to have changed the odometer LCD back bulb in 15 minutes. Is this possible? Don't you have to remove the dashboard? Could someone also please post the bulb type, thanks.

Reply to
malcolm