Vauxhall Astra - Central Locking

We've recentley bought a 2nd hand car and whilst the key will lock and unlock all doors by inserting the key, it wont do it by just pressing the button. We have changed the battery and still no joy.

Do Vauxhall dealers or anyone else have a way of checking if the central locking radio sender in door key is working or not. ?

We have all the security info required for having a new key coded but a new key costing at £70, I'd like to make sure it's not the infra red receiver on car that is at fault first.

-- Zozzer

Reply to
Zozzer

The key most likely just needs reprogramming.

--=20 Conor

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.

Reply to
Conor

switch ignition on then immediately press lock or unlock button, if that doesn't work then it is a dealer job

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I had this recently after replacing the battery in the fob.

Stick key in ignition. Turn on but don't start the engine. Press and hold the unlock button for 3 seconds and you should hear the doors working.

/Heds

Reply to
Heds

Sorted, your solution was spot on.