Vauxhall astra diesel losing power

Before I go and spend some of the rare folding stuff...

My 2001 Astra diesel (2.0dti) is suffering from power loss at around

2500 rpm - at these revs the acceleration reduces but the rev's climb still. My current number 1 suspect is the air mass sensor as when I took it off last night to see if there was anything obvious when I replaced it for a while the fault cleared itself. (She's never run low on oil since I've had her and I've done around 40k miles - this fault has just started to occur in the last few days).

Anyone think of anything else I need to check before I replace this bit?

TIA

Richard.

Reply to
richard.horton

Leaky/misfitted pipe from turbo/intercooler.

Reply to
mrcheerful

Cheers for that, will take a look later.

If that fails I'll go with getting a replacement sensor.

Reply to
richard.horton

Checked them over lunch and both hoses either side of the sensor are intact and fully seated...

Reply to
richard.horton