Vauxhall astra estate remote locking not working?

Hi

I have a vauxhall astra estate, its a club edition 1.6, 8v.

I had to replace the battery and after changing it round the remote locking does not work, in the manual it tells me to re-sync the key. This invloves turning on the ignition then pressing one of the buttons on the key fob.

This does not work, I have tried it on both keys and no luck

If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Thanks, Luke

Reply to
businessmaestro

It should re sync the keys that way ?

Make sure the ignition lights are on (engine NOT running) and driver door is open, press the lock button on the first remote, the door should lock then un-lock. Repeat the process with the second key in th ignition switch in excactly the same way.

Hope this helps,

Graham

-- graham1969

Reply to
graham1969

Thanks for the reply.

This is what I tried

Basically I put the key in the ignition, turned the ignition on for 30 seconds. Then pressed a button on the remote. It does nothing, I have tried with both remotes and it worked fine before the battery was disconnected.

I will have anohter bash at it tomorow, but hope it works. It has the worse boot lock you could imagine and is a right b***h trying to use the key to unlock it

Reply to
businessmaestro