Vauxhall Carlton Electric window gremlins !!

Dear all,

My old Vauxhall Carlton (J plate 2.0i Auto Diplomat) has developed a mind of its own in the electric window department ! When operating the elec windows, up or down, more often than not they stop before reaching full travel. You then have to press the button a few times to fully close / open. It also makes NO difference if you hold the little button in (which I believes overrides the "anti chop the hand off mechanism !").

It seems to occur mostly with the drivers window, and some days its seems OK but no particular correlation with weather.

A mystery ?

Any suggestions as to a cure ?

Thanks in advance. Andy.

Reply to
a.j.beddoes

I think the motor stop thing kicks in even with the button pressed so it sounds to me like the motor or mechanism need lubing.

Reply to
adder1969

Some of these automatic types measure the current being drawn by the motor to determine when the window is closed etc and cut off the volts. If there is excess friction anywhere the motor will draw more current than it should.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)