Vauxhall Corsa Steering Problem

Hi All,

I bought a Y-reg Corsa a few months back and I have noticed a problem with the steering which seems to be getting worse. When turning the wheel left, there is no problem and it feels very light. But when turning right, there is resistance on the steering and occasionally it will stick in one position, meaning i have to yank it quite hard to release it.

I was wondering if anybody knows of this problem?

I'm trying to avoid taking it to a garage and having to pay loads for replacement parts if there is a quick fix for this.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Reply to
Martin B

The message from "Martin B" contains these words:

If it's got power steering, then I'm sorry to say it sounds like your rack's dying.

Reply to
Guy King

I'm guessing it's the latest style Corsa. If it is, the valves failing in the Electric-Hydraulic Power Steering unit is a known fault (turns one way fine, but not the other). The unit is mounted on the bottom off the steering column, and is a sealed unit.] I've never replaced one, so can't comment on cost/difficulty.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

The power column is packing up, they are about 350 pounds.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Yes, it is the latest style. Thanks for your help.

Martin

Reply to
Martin B

Thanks for your help, i'm glad to have an rough price in my head now.

Martin

Reply to
Martin B