Vauxhall Corsa V reg - Cold start problem

can anyone help me. we've had the corsa for 3 years now and everything has started going wrong with it! but i suppose this is to be expected with age. our main problem is that from a cold start, the engine will start fine, but idles incorrectly and is over revving slightly - any pressure on the accelerater results in the car juddering and making a popping noise - there is no power what so ever. however, if you wait for the engine to warm (approx 5 mins) then the revs will drop and the car will perform normally - please help if you can as this is very frustrating.

Reply to
Jo Gawith

sounds like a faulty coolant temperature sensor,a known fault on these.

Reply to
rommell