Vauxhall Vectra 2.0 diesel LS, drivers door lock has jammed shut

My T Reg 1999, Vauxhall Vectra 2.0 diesel LS, drivers door lock has jammed shut and will not open. I've managed to remove the door card enough to get my hand in to feel the levers etc, they seem to be free. However the door appears to be dead locked. Does anyone know how I can free the lock to open the door. All the others locks work ok. The key fob stopped working some weeks ago, despite renewing the battery. I've been using the key to lock the doors since.

Reply to
stevequinn216

they have a sort of ball mechanism which goes around the key area. this gets full of crap. if you can get a small can of wd40 around the door card then spray the lock area very liberally and work the key around in the lock till it goes, then you can open the door and strip it all out and clean it up properly

Reply to
Mrcheerful