vauxhall vectra cutting out

I have a vectra and have hadh just about every problem i can think of with it, it kept cutting out at junctions so through process of elimination it has had a new mass air flow sensor, manifold gasket and idle speed valve, this has not gone away but has improved greatly, but now i have a new problem, it keeps cutting out as if it has ran out petrol and refusing to start until left for a good ten minutes, (not very convenient). As it cuts out i lose engine power but my rev counter goes frantic up and down. Does anybody have any eperience of this i have tried the usual injector cleaner and have just put red-ex through it?, Is this just a stubborn fuel blockage or do i have bigger problems?

Reply to
gleeson_roy

crank and or cam sensor or it may just be a bad connector, it does not sound like an injection problem as such, but it does sound like an electrical fault

Reply to
mrcheerful

Cam sensor?, this did come up when hooked up to diagnostic machine but with it being in with the timing belt i thought ahh no it cant be that (hoping more than anything. thanks a lot!! it looks like a trip down to the scrap yard for me then eh?

Reply to
gleeson_roy

You're unlikely to get a good one from the scrapyard. Among other issues the wiring tends to degrade. Get a new one! They are advertised on Ebay all the time, but shop around, a local factor will probably do them at the Ebay price.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

They are about 30 quid new from Vauxhall

Reply to
mrcheerful