Vauxhall Z 18 XE spark plugs

I went to check the spark plugs on our Vauxhall tonight with a view of checking on their condition and finding out what size were fitted. I removed the coil pack only to find the spark plugs were well and truly hidden well down in the cylinder head. Not only that my usual spark plug socket will not fit down the access hole.

Are they a special small type plug requiring a deep socket of < 20mm a/f ?

Gio

Reply to
Gio

16 mm like some of these:

John

Reply to
John Henderson

Thank you John. Just the info I needed.

Gio

Reply to
Gio

An exntention bar might help a 10" or 6", depending how deep.

Reply to
johnbond

Thank you but my problem was more about the across flats size of the plugs. I never thought for one minute they were smaller than the standard 20mm.

Gio

Reply to
Gio

Hi Gio,

Ahhh I see, just re-read the post and got he wrong end of what you were saying.

Hope you get at them ok.

Reply to
johnbond

Yes thank you.