Vectra coil spring breakage

It's a 1995 vectra 2.5v6. One of the coil springs broke in June (only replaced the one...I know not good practice) and was only spotted at MOT time as the car drove and handled fine. Now they have both gone! I was wondering if this is a common problem on the Vectra. The car never goes up curbs but does tackle a fair few speed bumps (never at speed!). I will be replacing both coils and shocks this time as funds now allow it. Do I put this down to bad luck; I've never had a spring go on any other car!

Reply to
Will Reeve

Hi Will,

Just today I have had two rear coil springs replaced on a Daewoo Lanos (aka Astra) as a result of an MOT - first ones I have ever had go in nearly 40 years of driving. After speaking to the garage owners, it would seem that this is becoming a common trend for some reason (I hope not too common after paying out a 178 quid for the bl***y things).

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G