Vectra Electric Windows

I have a 99 Vectra 1.8LS Petrol. Suddenly the electric windows do not operate smoothly. When the button to run the window down is pressed the window will start opening( running down) but as soon as I leave the button the window stops- it requires the button to be depressed all the time for the window to open or close. This happens in the case of both windows. I have tried spraying WD 40 down the sides on the window in case summit was sticky- no avail Any suggestions ideas welcome.

Reply to
Oscar fabricant

If the windows are running fine what's the problem? Surely the switch?

You say 'the windows do not operate smoothly' - why did you say that? From what you've said it seems like it *does* operate smoothly. But you have to push them...burn a calorie, save a child, as Blair says.

Sounds like the switch anyhoo, is my badly presented point.

Reply to
David R

In message , Oscar fabricant writes

Have you disconnected the battery lately? Cavalier windows used to need reprogramming after that. Can't remember what happened if you didn't do it, though.

Reply to
Peter Twydell

Remember those exploding vectras? GM sure know how to blackmail a family-man. Jeeso.

Reply to
David R

It'll be the same as a Cavalier. IIRC, you need to some weird combination like down, quickly followed by up and then hold all the way down and up. It then remembers it. Have a play around, there's nothing wrong.

Reply to
gazzafield