Vectra GLS TDS 95 (N) interior light problem

Hi,

I've just bought a 1995 N-Reg Vectra and have a problem with the interior light.

There are 3 lights in the centre of the car by the driver's head. The outer two are door lights that come on and off when the front doors open. I don't know what the central light does.

The central light stays on all the time - when the car is running, locked & stationary and engine is off. I've tried pushing all the dash buttons - none work. I've even tried opening and closing the doors.

Can anyone suggest?

Thanks, Alex

Reply to
Ali Chambers

Could it be like the old Cavalier and be controlled by the parking-light/headlight switch being pushed/ pulled [rather than rotated like you use to select parking-lights/headlights?]

Reply to
PJML

Push the headlight switch.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

LOL! Reminds me of when I first got my Astra van - I was driving away from a rehearsal and just couldn't figure it out. Danny (drummer in the band at the time) took the bulb out for me, and that was that until I figured it out!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

That's it! Sorted - many thanks.

Alex

Reply to
Ali Chambers

The message from "AstraVanMan" contains these words:

Could you find reverse? I couldn't! My firm had kindly (and deliberately) parked it facing a wall just so they could watch me from the upstairs window and laugh as I struggled to discover the collar interlock.

Reply to
Guy King

Nah, I'd managed that bit ok. I'd driven my Dad's Mondeo so knew of that little "quirk".

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan