Vectra - LCD Info Display Problem

Hi Guys,

My info display does not light up at all until I put my lights when. I have a third party headunit in there and I know there are problems with the Date displaying when a third party head unit is in the car, but the display isnt lighting up at all?

The time and temp display fine when I have my dashboard lights on (When I turn the headlights on) but I get nothing at other times.

Any help would be appreciated

Craig

Reply to
Craig Pickles

"Craig Pickles >" Hi Guys,

Ive just shit

Reply to
Kirk Johnson

Not much help, I know, but when I put a 3rd party unit in my old Vectra, the displayed continued to light up, so it isn't unreasonable to expect yours to work. Mine was an old 1997/R without trip computer.

There was a funny interaction between the date and whether the unit was switched on, though. I think it stopped displaying the date whenever the unit was on, but I may have misremembered.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

"Craig Pickles >" Hi Guys,

The display has either lost its ignition feed due to faulty wiring or a blown fuse, or the display itself is knackered. First thing to do would be to check for the presence of +12v on the black wire going into the display with the ignition in position 2. This does involve stripping the instrument panel out of course...

If this supply is present and correct, then the display has had it.

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

"Craig Pickles >" Hi Guys,

sounds like the small bulbs that are fitted in the unit have blown. it usually happens in the mileage display as well if its digital.

Reply to
reg

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, the bulbs to light up and the display can be perfectlyseen when the headlights are on though? Would they be the same bulbs?

Cheers again

Craig

Reply to
Craig Pickles