Video clip of getting spiked on auto-raise bollards

What do you think of these bollards in this video clip which shows cars getting spiked on auto-raise bollards that have let buses through.

Looks like the UK. Where is it?

Reply to
Albert X

Manchester.

Reply to
getbent

It's in Manchester , and it's been posted to uk newsgroups dozens of times. The local newspaper - The manchester evening news - has a website with plenty more details if you want to read up on it

Reply to
Dr Zoidberg

if you go into uk.legal and hit your find button and search for Vehicles damaged by rising bollards you should find a thread, begun at the end of October I think., Some amusing arguements were had. You could laugh your socks off!! :o)

Reply to
Billy H

Notice the van at the end - old matey wasn't wearing a seatbelt - Ouch!!!

Reply to
Matt

The message from "Billy H" contains these words:

Seems to descend into an argument between those who think drivers should behave responsibly and deserve what they get if they're chancers, and those who think we should be protected from the consequence of our own negligence.

I know which side I come down on!

Reply to
Guy King

Did you get on the one Guy King posted into uk.legal???

wooo, they don't know if it is the same location as the Manchester one or is it in Cambridge?

Reply to
Billy H

The message from "Billy H" contains these words:

Did I? I don't remember that at all.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "Billy H" contains these words:

I guess they should be glad they were only going slowly....

Guy King

lol, sorry about that, don't know how that happened at all. It was a chap called Flop who posted it!

oo eck. must be time for another cuppa.

Reply to
Billy H

There you go!! I knew you had it in you!!

I wasn't qute expecting that to happen!

I read in a book once about a chap who had invented a bumper which he said would protect the car in a collision at 30mph. His fellow worker argued him out of testing it, telling him the decelleration when the bumper moved it's short distance to stop the car was quite immense. It's handy and lifesaving knowing a bit of physics!

That was great, look at the way it folded up !!

Reply to
Billy H

The message from "Billy H" contains these words:

Yeah, well, having no engine in it helped. Bit of a fraud, really.

Reply to
Guy King

It's not Cambidge

Reply to
Duncan Wood

It's not Cambridge.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

You are Duncan Wood's spelling checker, and I claim my £5 reward.

;-)

John

Reply to
Bioboffin

"Billy H" wrote in news:4568333d$0$8711$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net:

Christ, he was going for it !!! and he must have seen the bollards were already up.

Reply to
Tunku

The message from Tunku contains these words:

Probably too stuck up to think anything like that could possibly happen to him.

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King wrote in news:31303030343237394568907091 @zetnet.co.uk:

As stuck up as those bollards were anyway ;-)

Reply to
Tunku

I'm not sure I'd have hung around with all that steam/smoke coming out from the bonnet.

Brave chaps, lol,

ROFLMAO!!

Reply to
Billy H

I presume they have a swift method of removing those cars otherwise you could end up with more of a delay than negotiating crowded streets.

Reply to
malc