volvo 440 battery change disabled remote central locking...

... can anyone shed any light on how one resets/resynchronises the remote with the car?

The only thread I've found that talks about this suggested leaving the battery disocnnected for while but this didn't work (!). I notice that on many other cars there's some special sequence of press-a-button-put-the-key-in-the-ignition-take-2-steps-to-the-left type of thing...

Does anyone know how the equivalent volvo secret handshake goes, please ?

g.

Reply to
Graham

Do you have a users manual for your 440? maybe its in there. I have a 945 from 1997 and in the manual it is explained how to make the central locking unit adapt the code from each remote. Turn the ignition on and off quickly 5 times and leave it on last time, immedeately after push big button on remote, each remote after each other witin a few seconds. However I have read that volvo does not recommend this manual coding because there is no way to see if the control module is ready to accept the second remote. This is for the1997 models with new version of guard alarm that has no LED indicator.

Per remove "spamstopper" from adress if direct email.

"Graham" skrev i en meddelelse news:brda2a$9bq$ snipped-for-privacy@news7.svr.pol.co.uk...

Reply to
Per Hauge