Volvo V70 maintenance

Good People

I have been offered a 1999 V70 diesel estate for Practically Nothing. I took it on a jaunt to Cornwall last week and it was very nice to drive. But ... what are they like for maintenance? I had a 240 before which was pretty straightforward, but I suspect that the V70 is significantly more complicated.

Any experiences or advice?

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Volvo parts prices tend to be expensive, but probably no more complicated than many late 1990s designs. Do all of the electrics work?

Reply to
DervMan

It all seems to be working fine at the moment, and luckily it's not particularly highly specified. The only fancy stuff is air con, remote central locking and electric windows. I see that there is a Haynes Book of Lies about it, but not the diesel ...

Ian

Reply to
Ian

It all seems to be working fine at the moment, and luckily it's not particularly highly specified. The only fancy stuff is air con, remote central locking and electric windows. I see that there is a Haynes Book of Lies about it, but not the diesel ...

-----

Is this the VAG 2.5 TDI or the later Volvo donk?

Reply to
DervMan

Lots at

- I've found it usefulfor advice for a 2001 V70 we have. E.

Reply to
eastender

Sorry about the delay. VAG, I am reliably informed. Is there a good manual for that?

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Thanks - I have signed up!

Ian

Reply to
Ian

What's what I'm thinking - although I don't know for sure... sorry..

Reply to
DervMan

I am pretty certain Haynes do a BOL which covers most of the VAG diesel engines, just like they do for PSA diesels.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..