Vuaxhall Astra 1.7DTI. W reg - Drags slowly on take off

Please Any ideas: my Vauxhall Astra 1.7 DTI W reg drags slowly on take off for about 10-15m, even as the gas pedal hits the floor. It picks up from the 2nd and then races on when its on a flat road and the motorway. However it moves slowly and struggles to climb up a hill,I have to change to

1st gear to give it a push to move. When I take-off or start off at the foot of a hill it climbs incredibly slowly holding up traffic. _I have tried 3 different mechanics and none can pinpoint what is wrong. Each comes up with different possible cause. Will appreciate some help. Thanks

url:

Joe kess

I would check cam timing and that all pipes are on and not collapsed, obvious stuff like filters .

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Has this come on suddenly, or just got worse up to the point you've noticed it?

Lack of power to pull away, would suggest to me either the EGR valve is sticking open, or the MAF sensor is faulty, but I would expect the engine warning light to be on for either of those faults. Sounds like you need to find somebody with some diagnostic kit, that actually knows how to use it.

Could also be a split vacuum pipe for controlling the turbo waste gate, but lack of boost pressure should just cause a loss of power, and not cause difficulties in pulling away.

Cam timing is one posibility, but unless you've had any work done in that area of the engine, it's not something that would be top of my list to check.

Reply to
moray

Lack of servicing and a blocked fuel filter is more likely.

Reply to
Conor

Thanks for the guidance: One mechanic checked the Timing Belt and said its fine. He then took it down for a computer diagnostic test and said it showed no fault, the engine management light does not come on as you drive. The car has had full servicing. I bought the car about 4 weeks ago and have only noticed this profoundly in the past week and a half. One mechanic suggested it might be the pump pipe but was not sure. I hope it narrows down the possibilities for more guidnace. Will appreciate more thoughts. Thanks

url:

Joe kess

Reply to
kellerma