VW Gold MK4 GTi - Headlight Warning

If I leave the headlights on when the engine is off and I open the drivers side door, the audible warning sound no longer happens. Anyone know how to go about fixing it? Some relay somewhere...

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
christatedavies

Does that door still switch the interior light correctly? If not, just clean or replace the door switch.

John

Reply to
John Henderson

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com saying something like:

I'd leave it broken. The audible warning is a pain in the arse on most vehicles.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

IIRC, these cars do not have a nice, simple switch some where on the door frame. They use a seemingly temperamental microswitch buried in the door lock.

To get the lights-on warning again, you'll need to have the door lock unit replaced.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Riches

Yup, I've got a dodgy door switch in the passenger side of my MkIV Golf. Its a bit of a PITA but I can't be bothered fixing it.

Zimmy