W Reg Ford Fiesta bumper replacement?

My sister recently had a slow (10-15mph) prang with a lamp post in her W- reg Fiesta Zetec and has cracked the front bumper and dented the bonnet near the front. The passenger side headlamp cover has been smashed but the grill appears to have survived. Im a total amateur with repairs to cars and cars in general - how much, realistically, is a garage/workshop likely to charge for a repair to this and how much should we consider a rip off when we get the quote? Surely it shouldnt be THAT much considering the car is gettin on for 6 years old, should it?

Thank you in advance,

Adam

Reply to
masterplanner2006

Around £500 depending on how bad the bonnet is.

Reply to
Conor

& add another £100 if it's a difficult paint colour.
Reply to
Duncanwood

Given it's an old Fester, you may be OK, but I had a slow speed prang=20 (about that speed) into the back of another car. (Yes, I know! I'll have to= =20 wear the "I'm a total muppet" sign around my neck for the next 3 years!).= =20 The car looked fine from the outside. The paint on the bumper was cracked= =20 (but the bumper itself was OK), but the bumper had pushed a polystyrene=20 block into the front crossmember, which did its job, and absorbed the=20 force, and bent itself in the process.

Just check the "underneath" of the front of the car for any damage.

Pete.

--=20 NOTE! Email address is spamtrapped. Any email will be deleted Remove the news and underscore from my address to reply by mail

Reply to
Pete Smith