Wanted: Red Honda Civic Hatchback 1981 Parts or advice re sourcing

Hi,

Can someone please advise? I was looking after my elderly father's old red Honda Civic S hatchback (1981) and my partner went into a post at a supermarket. It now has a V dent in the front grill/bumper, bonnet is bucked and the right front wing has been pushed back. It runs but needs a new bonnet, bumper, grill, right light needs repositioning, new right wing. The car is in good condition and it's a case of sentimental value. Most people would say it's not worth repairing as it can't be worth more than a couple of hundred, but it has great sentimental value to my father.

We are in London - any advice?

Reply to
David Longley

If it's bent that much are you sure it's not bent crossmembers etc. behind the bumper?

Reply to
Doki

In message , Doki writes

I don't know.

Lifting the bonnet, it looks like the radiator etc is OK . It was a low velocity impact, against a post in a supermarket car park- I guess the post bent back so most damage was quite low. The \bonnet/wing *could* be beaten possibly, but the bumper/grill are pretty bad and are plastic of course.

Reply to
David Longley

It wasn't all that 'low velocity' if its pushed back the wing to any extent - I'm assuming she hit the post centrally of course - if it was closer to the side than it would make sense.

TBH I would be VERY surprised if it is feasible to get replacement panels for a 1981 Civic, but if a bodyshop can straighten the wing/bonnet then you may be OK & you could possibly find 2nd hand bumper and grille. Based on my experience of little repairs though, this will cost well more than the car is worth - being optimistic I wouldn't expect change from £700 for this type of work.

Reply to
Doug

I'd pull the bumper off and see...

Reply to