Warranty Claim

A bit of a follow up on the earlier post "sods Law" ! Spoke to Renault UK and they said as it was the clutch cylinder that had gone and not a part that receives attention at a routine service they would honour the warranty even though I serviced the car myself and the book hasn't been stamped.

Still seems to be a grey area warranty at the mo. They also said if it had been the injection pump, that would not be covered as it is a service part, dunno what they would do to that on a routine oil change service bit didn't argue as I'd got my own way!

Thats just saved me a packet!

Dilbert

Reply to
Dilbert

Good. There's no reason why they shouldn't have, and you could have kicked up a big stink with trading standards if they hadn't played ball.

Well if it had been the injection pump, then bollocks it shouldn't be covered, providing the full service schedule had been kept to. You're right - there's nothing in changing the oil that would affect the injection pump. Fuel filter potentially would, mind, as if it's left, condensation can gather, which can cause corrosion, and cause damage to sensitive bits in the fuel system, especially in the days of high pressure pumps.

Carry on servicing it yourself, but don't just do oil changes - do all the checks as specified in the service schedule, and contact Renault UK regularly (every 6 months or so - might be able to get info from their website) for information on recalls (though they *should* contact you, I believe, and this would be a strong case to argue if something goes wrong that was the subject of a recall), and just leave the more complicated stuff (like cambelt) to garages. Keep a proper log of everything you do, including amount of tyre wear, levels checked, etc, and all money spent on the car, and for what parts, etc, and be prepared for war if they refuse to honour *anything* warranty-related.

Reply to
AstraVanMan