Water pump belt Astra Mk3

Hi,

a year or so ago the water pump etc belt tensioner bearings went kaput on my Astra Mk3. Lots of squealing and funny burny rubbery smells. I bought a new tensioner and belt, fitted the tensioner, but realised you can't change the belt without removing an engine mounting.

I still have the original belt on, which still squeals a bit constantly, but has been doing so without increasing its squealing volume for several thousand miles now and doesn't make any smells.

If I really wanted to fit the new belt, what would it take to remove that engine mounting? I don't have a crane or any sort of lifting gear.

The car is due for an MOT soon, it will need some suspension bushes as it clonks occasionally and squeaks like a lady of leisure's bed as it moves up and down. Would this belt change be a cheap/easy thing to incorporate into the deal?

Cheers,

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

Just a trolley jack under the sump to support the weight.

Reply to
Conor