Wax on windows - removal thereof

HI

I recently put the car thru the car wash, lazy dumb ass roll over type.

and noticed that wax programs leave a film of what I assume to be wax on the glass,

when I wipe the windows with the wipers it doesn't clean until the film has gone, gives a cloudy wipe.. for a couple of hundred miles....

windscreen wash soln seems to remove it, but only where the jets hit directly no matter how much washing I do...

any offers for better solutions?

Reply to
Tom Burton

Neat windscreen wash on a cloth?

Reply to
Doki

Autoglym glass polish. It's very slightly abrasive, so ideal for removing polish, wax or similar.

Reply to
Bob Davis

auto windscreens supply good windscreens cleaned before you buy them

Reply to
Dave Wallman

Finally! Someone who has the same problem. Arc do this, they leave a "hot wax coating" on their Top Wash. I have to go in and say "I want the Top Wash but *WITHOUT* the wax" - when they forget, I get the most yucky screen for weeks.

It got to the stage where I took the car back to Arc and demanded they get rid of wax coating. Might be good on paintwork, but it doesn't agree with my windscreen.

--Nick.

Reply to
Nick

In news:c2anrb$1rap3k$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-121443.news.uni-berlin.de, Tom Burton decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

vinegar and brown paper. Works a treat :-)

HTH

Reply to
Pete M

so so results

Reply to
Tom Burton

do...

try again, must be the pressure hitting it thats shifting it

wonder if meths will do it, doubt it though, im looking for a cheap quick solution, while the autoglem might shift it i really cant be arsed....

i keep a bottle of windolene in the car spray the windows in summer wipe with the blades, much better clean than the washers..... but not at 70mph :S

actually i wonder if that will do it, as another poster as suggested vinegar, and windowline contains acetic acid....

I will report back,

does anyone actually know wat the wax is?, tesco car was seems worse than texeco, with shell in the middle!

Reply to
Tom Burton

White spirit

wet wipe window with white spirit soaked kitchen roll then buff off using loads of clean (after its evapourated)

well its how i do it (gets rid of smokers film INSIDE windsreens too (but then so did Quitting lol)

HTH

BTW tried meths, it left a cloudy film that white spirit didnt....

Mark

Reply to
Lostin1999

Hot water from a kettle and a wipe with a clean cloth. I've had the same trouble and this works every time..

sQuick..

Reply to
sQuick

Or the old fashioned bottle of ammonia & some newspaper

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Works for broken heads too.

Reply to
JNugent

Works for broken heads too.

Reply to
JNugent

I've heard toothpaste works well to remove this film.

Reply to
Dave Plowman