Wet ceilings inside my Renault Clio 2003 model!

Has Any car owners who had a clio ever encounter a wet ceiling when discovering while getting in their cars? Water coming down the windscreen from inside.

There is no cracks or rust holes on my bodyworks but very suspicous about this and am wondering if it is included the warranty?

Reply to
Grazza

The message from "Grazza" contains these words:

Yup. Clio sunroofs leak. I've met two that didn't, but that's it.

Someday I must get round to trying to seal the wife's roof /again/.

Reply to
Guy King

Grazza (g snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Has it had a new windscreen? Does it have a sunroof?

Is there any pattern to when it's happening?

Reply to
Adrian

Don't know about a Clio but we had this on our Toyota Previa - it would drip into the steering wheel boss then soak your lap when you turned a corner!

I traced it to a leak in the windscreen seal - I thought the screen would have to come out (it will soon now as it's cracked), but I managed to fix it by easing back the front edge of the headlining and applying Tiger Seal to the inside of the screen seal, where it meet the bodywork. It hasn't leaked since.

If that's where it's leaking it will be obvious when you detach the trim.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

The message from Chris Bolus contains these words:

In my experience it's not a leaking screen seal on the Clio. The reason I say this is 'cos the water will find its way into the sunroof mechanism housing even when the car isn't being driven - which is uphill from the screen's top edge.

There are two possible problems with the Clio. At least.

Firstly they don't have any drains. No, really, Renault in their infinite wisdom didn't fit drains to the Clio's sunroof, it just relies on the seal to keep the pooled water out. People have insisted many times that there must be drains, but having taken the units completely out on two Clios I can promise there aren't.

Secondly, the gasket that seals the unit to the roof is made of thin foamy plasticky stuff. When you take the unit out you can see there's discolouration underneath it - algae and the like.

Thirdly it may be leaking through the aerial hole instead. This is in the same area and leads into the same place.

Reply to
Guy King