What are my CO emission figures?

I've been looking at the new tax bands and wondering where my Mondeo would fit in if it wasn't older than 2001. I've googled and found very little for the older cars. Does anyone know of a site with figures?

It's a 1996, early Mk2, Mondeo 2.0 manual. I get about 28mpg at the moment with mostly town driving if that is a guide to what comes out the back.

Thanks.

Reply to
Mike Barnard

Mike Barnard gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

No, because they don't exist. The car manufacturers didn't start doing official CO2 testing until it became necessary. A large part of the reason for that is that the test protocols just weren't defined.

Reply to
Adrian

I thought that maybe they would have been measured retrospectivly. Oh well, I was just wondering. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Reply to
Mike Barnard