What happened to

For three or four days I can only see:

"We are currently closed for site and/or server updates and/or maintainance." ^^^^^^^^^^^^ I did not spell this badly, just copy/pasted it :-)

How long does it take to update server on a very busy forum? I posted few questions there, and I am waiting for replies.

P.S. I am posting this to alt.autos.bmw and uk.rec.cars.maintenance as it is UL based BMW forum

Reply to
Yvan

They're upgrading the servers so have gone offline for a week or so.

Reply to
Pete M

I hate people who do this. There is no need for a site to be offline for one second - EVER. You do your update, revamps on another part of the server and when its all complete and working you just point the domain name to the new directory on the server. I once had an argument with someone I know, who wanted to take down our site for maintenance. I said why. When pushed his reason was "I just like to do it that way". I think it just gives them a feeling of importance.

All the sites I run have been continuously in operation since they started. A few going back to 1998.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Nedavno Pete M napisa:

Thank you.

Reply to
Yvan

Nedavno Mark napisa:

Perhaps something went wrong. But it would be nice if they changed starting page to add some more information. When they expect to get on-line again would be nice.

Reply to
Yvan

Nedavno Yvan napisa:

And, servers are finally upgraded :-)