what keeps setting off alarm on my BMW318i ?

Hi,

My 318i alarm keeps going off for no reason and I dont know why, hoping someone can help.

Car is S reg 318i (last year of that shape) with standard (AFAIK) BMW alarm system. When it has alarmed, when you go to the car, deactivting the alarm give 4 beeps, inside the LED on the centre console gives 3 flashes, pause, 3 flashes, pause etc till you start it up.

What does that mean please?

I dont seem to have any documentation on the alarm system with the car.

Reply to
Steve

May seem daft, but my car alarm always activates when the mobile phone charger is left plugged into the cigarette lighter with no phone connected. Could yours be something similar (electrically goosed system). Mine apart from that minor oddity is perfect in every way

Reply to
Rosetta Fawn