Wheel hub temperature.

I felt the ends of the front driveshafts on my FWD car, where they're bolted to the wheel hub with a split pin, to see how hot they got after a drive.

How hot is normal? These were almost too hot to touch. I wonder if most of the heat comes from the wheel bearings or the brakes, transmission etc.

By comparison the rears were only warm to the touch.

Reply to
Mark W

It depends how fast you've just braked.

Reply to