Wher to buy? Astra camshaft posn. sensor

As seems pretty usual with these bloody Ecotek engines, the camshaft position sensor on my mate's 2000 Astra 2.0L has decided to fail. Are ther any aftermarket sources for these? Cheers for any info,

JB

Reply to
JB

if you cant see them online give them a ring, a very helpful company and dirt cheap too!

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton

Thanks Tom but I'd tried them already (online only) with no result. I'll have to call them in the morning. cheers, JB

Reply to
JB

I'm sure you will have much more joy on the 'phone

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton

sell them. I get various connectors and lambda sensors from them and they deliver next day.

Will

Reply to
Will Reeve

Ebay is full of the ecotec sensors.

Reply to
yeha

Thanks to all for your help.

cheers, JB

Reply to
JB

The Cam sensors for these engines when fitted with the Siemens SIMTEC 56 or

56.5 Engine management systems can be obtained from ATP Electronic Developments Ltd (01543 467466) at £29.95 +VAT (part number XSAC301). An important question , is how do you know that the sensor has failed?. If the reason you think it has failed is that the engine management light is on and fault code 92 (Camshaft sensor signal incorrect) has been stored , then this is usually incorrect !. The main reason for this information to be logged by the ECU is that there is a timing error between the Camshaft sensor and the Crankshaft sensor signals. The most common cause for this is a slightly stretched timing-belt or the belt tensioner starting to fail. We have also found this fault to be logged due to electrical interference - wrong spark plugs fitted etc. Mike
Reply to
Mike