Where to get a VW 6 CD in-dash CD changer from?

Hi all, I`m looking for one of the 6CD changers for a VW that goes in the dash and connects to the gamma radio already in my car. Anyone know of a good source? I`m not in the mood to go hunting on ebay and bidding time after time to get sniped at the last minute :-)

Thanks for your help!

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

I don't know where to get one from - but be aware that there's at least

3 different versions of the 'Gamma' unit out there - most sellers don't know this.

I found out when I ordered a Dension Icelink for my old Passat - it was sold as being for 'all Passats with Gamma head unit' - only my Gamma unit was completely different to the 2 units Dension tested it with.

Reply to
SteveH

My old boy sourced a new 5CD Blaupunkt unit for his Audi which fits in a DIN slot, like the VW/Audi one, from some car hi-fi shop, it wasn't cheap, but it was rather cheaper than what VW/Audi were asking.

It's dead now, he bought a Denison ICE thingy and a iPod Nano.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Have you tried Googling "CD changer VW"?

Reply to
Brian

Yes, but considering how many links on google lead to a circle of referral links, i`d much rather ask in here. And be honest with yourself - do the good, word of mouth suppliers make it into the first few pages of a google listing? Not often from what I see.

Reply to
Simon Finnigan