which car to buy ?

,

Despite it seeming to go on for ever and ever I am thinking of buying somthing a bit special to replace my Pugeot 306d . I do a lot of commuting and I run 2 cars, I have a diesel focus which I now intend to do most of my miles in, since it seems to be taking the miles in it's stride. What cars fit the following criteria, any suggestions please !

.. it does not /need / to be particularly economical since I will use the focus for most of my miles from now on .. I fancy something classy, possibly a convertable/ roadster , probably German I guess ? .. must be faster / sportier than the focus ! does not need to carry lots of luggage i would preffer a smaller car .. ideally it needs to keep it's value reasonably well

I could spend up to about 10k or more I guess, so there must be are a fair few to choose from.

I would kind of like an SLK 320 but Mercs in general are not exactly the most DIY friendly cars are they ? I think the mx5 would fit the bill if I were not prejudiced against it ! The Z4's styling is a little exciting for me although I got the haynes manual for it to learn about it ! Any other ideas ? Note that these are all roadsters, is there some other ideas to consider ? hmm decisions decisions ! hopefully someone here might recomend a smart 2nd hand buy ?

Simon

Reply to
mr p

Yes there is now a bewildering number of cars to chose from, each make and model with an astronomical number of variants. Looks like you're in the bird pulling territory, I think the Alfa GT Coupe is a stunningly good looking car, even at 0 mph. It really turns heads.

Reply to
johannes

mr p wrote in news:15ffb8b8-f1a4-4a66-84f5- snipped-for-privacy@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

MX-5

Reply to
Tunku

MX5 or VX220.

Reply to
Doki

In the time honoured tradition of naming your own car -

Clio V6. It'll turn more heads than anything this side of £100k.

Reply to
DanB

Well, I suppose you do have to turn your head to point and laugh...

;-)

I'll grant you, on paper it's not a bad car, but it's still a Renault FFS.

Reply to
PCPaul

Seconded. Saw this thread and was feeling dutifully bound to recommend the diminutive Mazda, but you've saved me the bother.

Not simply because I own one you understand... (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Hair dressers car...

Reply to
johannes

Meant to corner like a supertanker IIRC.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Convertible/Roadster generally = substandard handling and not generally considered to be overly masculine?

Reply to
Coyoteboy

I drove the normal Clio last year for a bit, the steering is awful.

Reply to
MichaelS