Which cars have an M10 fine inlet air temperature sensor?

Hi all,

The Fury build grinds ever onwards... I've just bought a Pipercross air filter of dubious parentage. I wasn't expecting it to have an IAT fitting but it turns out to have an M10 fine nut welded into the neck, which'd be really handy if my Ford sensor wasn't miles too big for it. Does anyone know which scrapyard cars I could raid to get an M10 fine IAT sensor? Resistance value isn't a problem. I can sort that out at the ECU.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

The message from Colin Stamp contains these words:

Change the fitting. It can't be that hard to grind it out and weld a new one in.

Reply to
Guy King

Trouble is, the neck is aluminium. The only fitting I have for the Ford sensor is a brass insert still embedded in a chunk of Mondeo plastic pipe. Even if I could find an aly fitting, I don't think my MIG skills are up to welding it to the thin tube of the filter neck. The original plan was to araldite in the lump of Mondeo plastic and it may still come to that, but if I can find a sensor to fit the beutifully TIGd nut that's already there, it'd look sooo much tidier.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

The message from Colin Stamp contains these words:

You can get silverish solderysort of rods which will weld aluminium alloy to other things.

Reply to
Guy King

I've been meaning to get something like that for ages now. I didn't realize they could do dissimilar metals. I still reckon the path of least resistance on this particular job it just to get a sensor that fits though.

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

It's all sorted now, which is just as well since I gave the wrong size for the thread - it's an M12, not an M10 - Doh!

Motor-serv trawled through their books for me and came up with one for a Calibra turbo. Perfect fit and it even has the same connector as the Ford injectors, so I've got a plug for it too :o)

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp