Which grease is happy with rubber ?

I am going ot be changing some rubber bushes and was told not to apply them dry and to use a rubber friendly grease on the inside of the anti roll bar bushes to avoid squeaks.

The only grease I have is copperslip, and servicol I think its called or something similar is a grease for high temperature application.

Aparantly some greases eat into rubber which is no desireable :)

SO any recomendations for grease would be great that will not damage bush rubber.

The guy I spoke to said he uses 3-1 all purpose oil which soaks into the rubber and then applies a grease. Good idea or bad ?

Or should grease even be used ?

Reply to
Peter smith

red rubber grease as used for brakes, or Ceratec which most car shops have

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Yep. Lockheed / Delphi Rubberlube. Available at decent factors.

Reply to
Doki

Proper rubber grease can be bought at a decent car accessory shop. Maybe even Halfords. It's red in colour. Common use is for lubricating brake component rubber seals at overhaul time.

However, a rubber bush shouldn't revolve in either the housing or what it supports. All the movement is contained within it. Hence the reason for making sure the car is at its correct ride height before tightening.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)