Will Automatic Transmission Fluid Substitute For Power Steering Fluid?

I've just visited my local 'Motor World'-type shop to buy power steering fluid, but was sold Automatic transmission fluid instead (Acdelco, ATF Type lll) Will this be ok?

Reply to
Roclive

Most power steering systems do use ATF - but make sure it's the correct spec for your car. That should be given in the handbook. There are several types of ATF - same as engine oil.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)