Window regulator failure

One of the window regulators on my girlfriend's golf has failed - the wire that pulls the window back up has come off. The one that pulls the window down is still fine. Is it possible to connect them back up, or am I wasting my time?

Reply to
Doki

Nevermind, now bought a new regulator.

Reply to
Doki

See you've solved it, but I've "fixed" the one in the passenger side of my sister's Passat twice.

I imagine they are of similar construction. I think you've made the right choice.

Reply to
Douglas Payne