Windsceen fitting.

I had a new rear windscreen fitted on the insurance and it's leaking. I've got the makers workshop manual and that says to use sealer between window and rubber when fitting the rubber to the screen, and then sealer (obviously) between rubber and body. I watched the fitter at work and he didn't use any between glass and rubber. Now if it's needed with a new rubber surely even more necessary with an old one?

Obviously I will complain to the company, but don't want some temporary bodge done. So does anyone know what the correct way is these days with the type that has a separate rubber seal?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Correct" way is to use a new rubber but also always to use the non- setting mastic you've been trying to find.

See, this is why I do these jobs myself.

Reply to
adder1969

My guess was that. And new rubbers are no problem and not that expensive at under 20 quid. So saying, the old one looks to be in good condition and still flexible.

I have this weird idea it's nice to try and get some of that insurance premium back.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So you can give it back to them in increased premiums next year?

Reply to
PC Paul

They can but try - plenty of competition out there if they do.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Does it count as a claim? So you have to declare it?

Reply to
PC Paul