Windscreen scratches

I have some minor scratches on the widscreen. Internet searches recommend a powder and polishing. Can anybody recommend a good powder/ source, and the type of polishing disc I require. Toolstation have 3 on offer, these seem to be colour coded- which one do i need ? Thanks

Reply to
sndevereux

Jewellers Rouge ...is that not the usual choice to deal with scratches on glass?

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

HS walsh either in kent or Birmingham sell it , do mail order to

Reply to
steve robinson

Often while driving in Rains when lot of mud, water and stuff comes on to the windscreen, the driver does not use water - just the wipers - causing minute scratches. I have seen this in a lot of driver-based vehicles. Its wash and wipe - not wipe and wipe!! Also windscreen seems to be cleaned with same cloth as car body - without cleaning away the dust and particles.

Reply to
Prescott

Which, with glass being far softer than paintwork, causes no end of problems.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

:-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

The windscreen scratch repair kit is fantastic. I had exactly the same problem as you and after 20 mins and a little work the scratches were gone. I really would recommend it and for 20 it's worth a go. Like I say mine worked perfectly.

Reply to
Neuman