Wiper Blades

I've just replaced my front wipers (fitted in April 2002) with a pair of new Champion AeroVantage ones.

Firstly, I got them from

for =A315.08 (inc. P&P). I could have got them from my local KwikFit depot for =A323.98!

Secondly, I have just done a trip from Bristol to Street and back, across the Mendip hills, in rainy weather. They work so much better than the old ones (which were split at 3 out of 4 ends) and were SO quiet, I actually had to talk to the wife (OK, you can't have everything).

So, a word to the wise ... Go out and check your wiper blades. If, like mine, they are showing signs of age or wear, give serious thought to replacing them before the coming winter. Shop around for your favourite brand by all means, but include

in your survey.

----------------

Not so much a lounge-room lizard, more a toilet duck ...

Reply to
Stephen Leak

Firstly, I got them from

for £15.08 (inc. P&P). I could have got them from my local KwikFit depot for £23.98!

Secondly, I have just done a trip from Bristol to Street and back, across the Mendip hills, in rainy weather. They work so much better than the old ones (which were split at 3 out of 4 ends) and were SO quiet, I actually had to talk to the wife (OK, you can't have everything).

So, a word to the wise ... Go out and check your wiper blades. If, like mine, they are showing signs of age or wear, give serious thought to replacing them before the coming winter. Shop around for your favourite brand by all means, but include

in your survey.

OK I just ordered a set for my Vitara...........you better be right.

Not so much a lounge-room lizard, more a toilet duck ...

Reply to
Lez Pawl

I hear VERY good things about the PIAA silicone ones - they leave a rainx-like film on the window and mean you have to wipe less often anyway. At =A318 each id expect that though lol.

Reply to
Coyoteboy
£18! stuff that I'd rather wipe more often thanks.
Reply to
magicman

I think the point is that they last longer too, so you end up with superior wiping and good value. Its just the initial cost thats hard to swallow.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

I bought a complete set from Tesco which were a couple of quid and they work very nicely - nice and quiet (the rear took 10 wipes before it was quiet though).

Highly recommended!

Reply to
405 TD Estate

Firstly, I got them from

for £15.08 (inc. P&P). I could have got them from my local KwikFit depot for £23.98!

Secondly, I have just done a trip from Bristol to Street and back, across the Mendip hills, in rainy weather. They work so much better than the old ones (which were split at 3 out of 4 ends) and were SO quiet, I actually had to talk to the wife (OK, you can't have everything).

So, a word to the wise ... Go out and check your wiper blades. If, like mine, they are showing signs of age or wear, give serious thought to replacing them before the coming winter. Shop around for your favourite brand by all means, but include

in your survey.

Not so much a lounge-room lizard, more a toilet duck ...

after a little wait on stock, I received the Champion set.

Certainly the drivers side (VX48) has graphite impregnated into the rubber and they are very good. Ran them today in the wet/damp/dry conditions and not one scrape did I hear.

Reply to
Lez Pawl

Phew!

Reply to