Wipers

Just bought some boosch wipers off ebay for out mk4 golf and was browsing around wilkinson and was wondering if anyone has used their home brand wiper. They cost about £1.49.

Just wondeirng if anyone has used them and if they are any good at clearing and lastability as I might put them on our lupo.

Thanks

Reply to
Sarah

"Sarah" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

They'll be worth every penny.

Reply to
Adrian

you'd be better off straping a couple of curly wurlys to the wiper arms !

Reply to
reg

I bought a set from Wilkinson's many years ago to fit to my Cinq.

The Cinq. only had one wiper speed, but 2 (yay!) intermittent settings - which meant the wipers only ever did 'fast'.

Anyway, said cheapo wiper blades lasted about 30 miles before the driver's side blade flew off into a bush whilst on 'normal' wiper setting (ie. fast as f*ck with a delay between wipes that wasn't as long as the intermittent setting)

Reply to
SteveH

Cheap wipers BLOW.

I always put Bosch Aero-Twins on my cars once the OE ones die. By this I mean, I've put them on one car :-) (The Vee) They were very good though, the faster you went the harder they were pressed to the glass. And they didn't have those little fins or anything, the back was like, curved to get the air to press them down. Also, I can confirm that at 150ish indicated, I was able to wash my windows normally without the wipers jumping. Although, the water did fly up the window and off over the roof a bit quickly... Private land etc etc.

Reply to
DanB

Yes - used them many times. Just as good as any other normal wiper blades.

Go on - push the boat out for £1.49 and tell us how _you_ rate them!

Don't condemn them _just_ because it's easy to sneer at things that don't have a fancy name, and aren't advertised in boy-racer comics, or that don't have good enough instructions for the mechanically-challenged to fit them correctly.

Reply to
Kevin Poole

Bought a set for my car - the passenger one seems fine, but the drivers side squeeked, clicked, and was generally very poor and noisy - got a champion one from local factors (£6-49), and world of difference - still ok on passenger side though.

Graham

Reply to
Graham2

Were they mighty?

Reply to
Abo

Wipers squeaking is nearly always because the wiper arm is twisted and not at exactly 90 degrees to the screen. Clearly the fact that one was ok and one wasn't indicates the problem lay elsewhere than the blades.

Reply to
Dave Baker

If changing the blade for a Champion one fixed it would that not suggest it was the blade (possibly a duff linkage where it attaches to the arm).

Reply to
Depresion

Perhaps some are a little more tolerant than others at being a bit mis-aligned.

Reply to
John

I bought a pair of cheapos from a pound shop. They wipe perectly but squeak all the time, the same as they do when the screen drys out a bit.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

No the super :)