Wiring?

Hi, I need to find out to where and which colours the wires from the back of my Kenwood KRC-i59r radio/cassette are supposed to connect, anyone here know? Or, is there a "radio cassette connections" or suchlike page?

Thanks very much, T.

Reply to
Dauber

ask any Kenwood dealer :)

Reply to
dojj

Try uk.rec.audio.car

They're a very helpful group.

HTH tox

Reply to
Zak Dingle

Most car stereos are standard now:

Yellow - permanent live (station preset memory and clock) - usually has an inline fuse block. Red - switched live (power) Black - Neutral (earth) Blue - power aerial

Once you've got the first three (the important ones), you can work out the speakers by trial and error. Just set the balance and fade controls to each corner in turn, pick a speaker and connect each pair roughly in turn until you get the result. Tape up the free speaker cables so they don't short, and make sure the ones you're working on don't touch each other, or anything metal.

I've wired up dozens this way and never had a problem. But you MUST make sure the first three are right (for obvious reasons).

Cheers Dan

Reply to
Dan Post