Wiring for hands free kit for Vaux Omega Est?

I have asked this before, but the answer I got seemed overly complex.

I need to find the bit of the wiring loom in the current model Vauxhall Omega estate that I can connect a hands free mobile kit to. I know it's in the passenger footwell. Previously I was told via this group that it is necessary to remove both the glove compartment and the passenger's airbag to get at this bit of the loom. This seems overly complicated and potentially dangerous and expensive, especially if I inadvertently set off the air bag.

Is there an easier alternative way of accessing this bit of the loom?

There are a mass of wires rising from the floor behind a plastic cover on the LH side of the passenger footwell, does this bit of the loom run between this cover and the inside of the nearside wing panel, or does it come over the top from the RH side of the passenger footwell as previously suggested, eg from the radio?

TIA.

-- Regards.

Chris. Please remove MAPSON (NOSPAM backwards) to reply to me by email.

Reply to
Chris Mitchell

potentially

I would like to know this also please, you thought VX would just have put a little plug in somewhere. Never that easy is it.

Dave

Reply to
Funkyman

They have put a little plug somewhere, it's finding it that's the hard part!