Worth it?

I may have a chance of getting a Peugeot 406, T Reg, 86,000 miles on the clock, and Petrol. Sometimes the ignition cuts out.

Questions, How Reliable would this car be? Everything else seems OK. What do you think it's worth (there's a FSH I believe)? How much life has it got left do you think? I mean, is it as hard wearing as a Nissan Primera?

Im tempted, but its better the devil you know, but is there greener grass?

Cheers Simon

Reply to
Simon Dean

I quite like Peugeots and Citroens but this car already has a fault. It might be simple to cure but OTOH it could be horribly expensive like an engine management module. The fact that you are questioning whether to buy it should be enough warning. There will be other cars.

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

My friend has a peugeot 405 and from the amount of servicing and parts it has required I wouldn't go near a peugeot.

Reply to
David Cawkwell

I have a 405, had it for 2 years, its done 92k miles, 20k of them by me, so far its needed a radiator, not through rust, it had a crack. And a perished water hose, which cost about £5.

Parts are servicing are cheap, it has no rust and i've never seen a rusty one, and for how cheap they are, theres little you can buy thats as good.

Reply to
Dan405

Xantias tend to be cheaper, have the same engines and IMO are the better of the two cars, although their suspsension will not be to everybody's taste.

-- James

Reply to
James