Wow! Car hire scam or what?

My wife booked a hire car earlier today. A few hours after booking she received an email from the hire company responding to an apparent email to request to upgrade.

Thing is, she never sent any upgrade request. They did ask for confirmation before charging but given that they forged an upgrade request I doubt they'd have much difficulty forging a confirmation as well.

Anyone else seen this practice?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Sounds like marketing, rather than a scam.

Reply to
SteveH

They forged an email. Would you call that legitimate marketing?

Not hard to find other bad experiences with this company.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Sounds like scam. Attempt to obtain money by the deception of the existence of an email from the customer.

Reply to
johannes