WTD: BMW E30 316i manual box.

Wanted urgently:

BMW E30 316i 1989/90 manual 5-speed gearbox. Or indeed 8any* manual box which will fit this car. Cash waiting. Can remove & collect if required.

cheers, JB

Reply to
JB

I'm pretty sure I've still got one in my shed. It's from a flood damaged car 316i I scrapped a year ago. As I never had the car running, I can't vouch for its condition, but the car was apparently going well before the flood. It's on Anglesey, North Wales, but senditquick.com could deliver it for a tenner (48hour service). I'll take 20 quid for it, if you're interested. Drop me a line on oss108 @ bangor.ac.uk without the spaces.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

Thanks but the guy I needed it for got the one on Ebay for £10 that Mr Burns (form alt.autos.bmw) found for me. Hope it's a good one.

cheers, anyway. JB

Reply to
JB

Can i jump in here, i need a courier to get a gearbox to me, i can afford that prive, hows the best and the way it has to be packed? I dont know if the guy can get a small pallet to pop it on

ta

Reply to
jules

Just noticed the website says a max of 30kg. I havent got a clue of the weight of the gearbox, its a T51 Toyota if anyone just happens to know!!!

Reply to
jules

OK, you know where to find me if it isn't.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

I'd just wrap some plastic sheeting around it and use plenty of gaffer tape. Then add some thin rope or old seatbelt webbing to make it easier to lift. As long as it's clean and not leaking oil, the courier should be happy to take it.

Is that front or rear wheel drive? A Golf GTi 'box with output shafts weighs in at about 35Kg, so I was assuming the RWD BMW one would be sufficiently lighter (lack of diff & shafts) to come in at under 30Kg. Got any bathroom scales?

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

I used to work for neightfreight/greenline? so long ago now and they had t o be palleted. but thanks, nice to know

The only type to have, RWD

A Golf GTi 'box with output shafts

Nope, plus the gearbox is in Bristol and im in Sheffield. I will ask on a Celica group, if they dont know i dont know who wouldnt! ta

Reply to
jules