www.1stchoice.co.uk - WARNING!!!

Just in case anyone was dumb enough like me to use this website without realising they would charge by sending you £1.50 a message texts - i am telling you now.

Reckon they have had about £15 off me over the last few months!!

MattF

Reply to
Matt F

You know the bit where they say...

This is a subscription service, it will cost =A31.50 per month until you=20 send STOP to the 87070. Helpline 08707 808226 you can now place=20 unlimited searches for vehicle spares, as often as you wish. You may=20 of course cancel this service at any time by texting STOP to 87070.

--=20 Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails

**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and "@btinternet.com" ****
Reply to
Colin Wilson

Which is at the bottom of the page under the submit button and not visible on 800x600 resolution unless you scroll down.

Anyway, i know i was stupid and caught out by this - i just didnt want anyone else to sign up to this service without their eyes fully open!!

MattF

Reply to
Matt F

Matt,

This was as plain as a pikestaff in right in the middle if their FAQs page.

*Is there a charge for the service?*

Once registered, you can make Unlimited Requests, as often as you wish, for any number or type of vehicle and receive ALL subsequent quotes, completely Free of Charge. Simply tell us what parts you're looking for and those of our members with your parts in stock will normally Phone, Email or Text you within minutes, with completely FREE no obligation quotes for you to compare and decide which is best for you. We receive no commissions for any parts you may purchase from our network of members and in order to cover the cost of providing the service, there is small membership fee which is collected by a £1.50 reverse charge text message each month. Should you decide after registering that you no longer require our service, you may of course cancel your membership at any time, simply by sending an SMS text message stating ?Stop parts? to 87070. For more information please call 08707 808226. 1st Choice is always trying to improve the service and therefore reserves the right to alter or amend these terms and charges from time to time without prior notice..

I've been caught by this sort of stuff before and I must admit, I look for the 'hidden catches' now before even consider subscribing to anything.

Lessons hard learnt over the years :-(

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G

Tool.

Reply to
Kirk Johnson

Findapart.co.uk also do this if you opt for notification by SMS.

Reply to
Duval

Speaks the man who has never made a mistake in his life.

Reply to
Matt F