Xantia scuttle panel removal

Chaps, my heater fan is suffering from the amount of leaves that have got in under the wipers on my 1996 Xantia. Just how the bloody hell do I get the panel under the wipers off? Obviously I have to remove the wipers - a pain of a job I suspect in itself, but after that does it just lift off or do I have to use some force?

Is there an alternative way I can get something in there to clean the crap out ?

cheers Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

"Mike P" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

IIRC there's some screws there, too. Not particularly difficult, though.

Reply to
Adrian

Thanks Adrian. However, I've worked out I can get the nozzle of the vac through there with a bit of pulling and stretching the scuttle so I think I can clean it all out without having to strip it!

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

If it's anything like a 406 (ought to be, really) a fair bit of it lifts away to get at the pollen filter. There's a split in the middle on a 406. Perhaps that would let you see a bit more?

Reply to
Doki

Xantia pollen filters are under the glove box ;(

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

That's my next question answered then ;-)

So, how do I get at it?

Cheers

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Only if it has air-con. If not there isn't a pollen filter. As for the scuttle panel removal, its held on by plastic push-fit 'screws'. Lever them off then use a bit of force to bend inwards and pull off the panel. I think theres also a bead of sealant (black nasty) joins the panel to the windscreen, run a stanley knife between the two to free. Getting it offs the easy part :-)

Reply to
jj

Thanks all. I found that by bending the scuttle panel back, I could get the thin nozzle from the vac down into the panel, and with a bit of pushing and shoving managed to vac all the crap out of there. As I've no aircon, doesn't look like I have to bother about a pollen filter then.

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Hmm. My Astra and Mondeo both have/had no aircon and a pollen filter.. what's so special about the air in a Citroen?

Reply to
PCPaul

PCPaul gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

My Saab would have a pollen filter if it DIDN'T have aircon, but because it does, it doesn't have a filter...

Reply to
Adrian