Xantia Speedo

Hi folks,

Citroen Xantia 1.9TD 95N

Bought the car knowing the speedo/odo/rev counter (sor) didn't work but knew that I had a transducer from a scrap car of the same model which worked. Have fitted the replacement transducer but the problem is not solved. Still no sor. Is the fault mechanical - not connecting with the wheel on the transducer, or electrical - somewhere in the wiring connecting to the transducer? How can I check either possibility? Any ideas would be good.

Krystnors

"I woke up this morning feeling so bad I decided to kill myself by taking a thousand aspirin. But after the first two, I felt better."

Reply to
Krystnors

You should get several volts AC off the sensor if it's working - obviously with the vehicle moving. It's possible the drive gear in the gearbox is stripped or loose.

Reply to
Dave Plowman